What we collect
Ordinarily, we do not collect any user information (such as from app usage, etc.,).
For the 'send bug report' feature in the app, we collect:
- any entered information
- the IP address of the network used to send the bug report (for abuse prevention)
Our legal basis for processing your data
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of Apollo Software and Partybox.
What we do with your data
Data may be collected by our technology suppliers, for example CloudFlare or our hosting provider (however this will only be in the case that a network request has been made - i.e., not through ordinary usage of the app, see 'What we collect'). We will not:
- sell or rent your data to third parties
- share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
- use your data for or in analytics
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law — for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- the law requires us to
Children’s Privacy Protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger.
We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
If we become aware that we hold information on our systems - either ourselves or having been notified by the email address at the bottom of this document - about anyone under the age of 13 we will remove it immediately and securely.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
When using Partybox, any data you give to us is, in its entirety, stored and processed in:
- Missouri, United States of America
- Texas, United States of America
By using submitting data to our services from within the EU, EEA, or United Kingdom, you give explicit consent for a restricted transfer to take place and for your data to be stored and processed outside of the EEA.
How we protect and secure your data
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data — for example, we protect your data using high levels of encryption during transmission.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
you can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, please get in touch with our Privacy Team (see below).
Contact us or make a complaint
Please contact the Privacy Team if you:
- have a question about anything in this privacy notice
- think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled
The Privacy Team
Please contact us at the following address: contact [at] apollosoftware.xyz
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, Apollo Software will take reasonable steps to let you know.